Welcome to the Palamuwen.com Privacy Center
www.palamuwen.com is operated by Palamuwen.Com (Pvt) Ltd a limited liability Company duly incorporated and existing under the laws of Sri Lanka under registration No. PV - 00252509 and having its registered office at No. 45/9, 3rd Lane, Woodland Avenue, Kohuwala, Nugegoda (“Palamuwen/we/us/our”)
Any information that is posted on and/or uploaded to and/or saved on our Site is subject to the laws of Sri Lanka.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you when you use our Site and mobile application. We collect information directly from you such as your name, contact information, resume, profile information, or business information. We receive and store this information when you enter it on our Site, send it to us, or provide it to us in any other way.
For example, depending on the services you use, we collect,
- Information imported by you or your connections from third party applications with your permission;
- Personal Information from you, such as full name, gender, date of birth, address, job title, company information, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, identification details, education and professional qualifications, working experience and referral source;
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name ('Personal Information').
- When you post information on job seeker/freelancer sections of our Site, or any other section where you are free to upload your information, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you choose to post there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to post on or submit to these forums.
- Log Data - Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ('Log Data'). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ('IP') address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. This information is gathered from all visitors to our Site. In addition, we store certain information from your browser using 'cookies.'
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to provide our services, respond to you, operate and improve our sites and applications, and foster a positive user experience.
By registering with us or opening an Account on the Site, managing your profile, publicly posting information, or by opting in when presented with choices, you have consented for us to use your information in the following ways:
- to send you promotional emails containing the information we think you will find useful or interesting
- to contact you to fill out surveys and participate in other types of market research aimed at improving the services we provide
- to customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
How We Share Information
For those seeking work, jobs and employment opportunities, we provide you with a platform to publish information about yourself to maximize your career opportunities. Personal information of the user is shared with third parties who help deliver our services to you, they include,
- Recruiters and other agents
In the course of our business to help you search for and secure a job/work, we may you’re your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruiters and other intermediaries and agents, other business partners and any other person interested in reviewing the information in our Site. For the avoidance of doubt this Site has no restriction and anyone can visit the site and review information posted therein.
- Our service providers
This includes external third-party service providers, such as accountants, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; printing, advertising, marketing and market research and analysis service providers; document and records management providers; technical engineers; data storage and cloud providers and similar third-party vendors and outsourced service providers not specifically mentioned here but assist us in carrying out business activities.
- Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action
- Other third parties
Occasionally, we may share Personal Information with other third parties where necessary.
If you want to disable cookies, you can do it by accessing the settings of your internet browser.
Links To Other Websites
Social Media Policy
Restricting The Collection of Your Personal Data
At some point, you might wish to restrict the use and collection of your personal data. You can achieve this by doing the following:
- When you are filling in forms on the Site, make sure to check if there is a box which you can leave unchecked, if you don't want to disclose your personal information.
- If you have already agreed to share your information with us, feel free to contact us via email and we will be more than happy to change this for you.
- The objective of this Palamuwen.com is to make available your information to all interested parties so that you are given a fair and equitable chance of getting the attention of interested parties. Therefore, we do not limit or restrict the access to your personal information, and it is your responsibility to block the access to your information should you wish to not share the same any longer.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Social Media Login Disclaimer